*Location for Calendar users: Student, Student with Privileges or Instructor inside any Course> FHA Student Tools>External Courses Calendar*
The search options would be:
1. Search by Date (ccyymmdd) via drop down menusfor year, month and day). Also search by "month/year" or by clicking on any particular date in a visual "calendar" menu. Entire months would be displayed graphically via a "next" and "back" icons. This search will display all events taking place on that particular date. Then one can click on the relevant link to get the details.
2. Search by Profession (from drop down menu). Then, clicking on a particular Profession will display all events (by title and by date) in alphabetical order. Then one can click on the relevant link to get the details for that event.
3. Search by Topic (from drop down menu). Then, clicking on a particular Topic will display all events (by title and by date) in alphabetical order. Then one can click on the relevant link to get the details for that event.
4. Search by Event Title (from drop down menu). Then, clicking on a particular Profession will display all events (by title and by date) in alphabetical order. Then one can click on the relevant link to get the details for that event.
5. Search by Key Word (any word or sentence present in the title or in the description of the event(s).
6. Display all Events (in alphabetical order and by date)
*Location for External Calendar Editor: Instructor or Student with Privileges inside a Course>Manage>External Events Calendar*
*Ability to post information on upcoming courses, workshops, conferences, or any training offered outside the ATutor system.
*Ability to post a direct link to the relevant external web site page for a course offered by another institution (by typing the path without needing any HTML).
* Ability to enter a category for any event so that it can be searched later by "Profession" or "Topic". The system will categorize each event by date automatically. The menu of options for the External Calendar Editor would be:
1."Add Event": To start writing an event from scratch.
2."Edit Current Event": To edit and republish an existing event. A search function will be needed by date, title or key word (in order to be able to find a specific event that needs to be edited).
3."Delete Current Event": To delete an event. The system will ask the user to confirm the deletion.
4. "Hide Current Event": To hide a particular event but leave it saved for future editing and republishing. The task of republishing would be accomplished via the "Edit Event" icon.
After an event has been prepared, the user would have the following options:
5. Save (this option will publish the event immediately)
6. Save and Publish On: ccyymmdd (via drop down menus for year, month and day). This option will publish the event on the date specified and leave it there until the day after the event has taken place. Then the event will disappear automatically.
NOTE: Events posted from within a course that has a "Private" status will have the option to specify that only users with access to that course can view those events. This will be accomplished via the option:
- Restrict event viewing to this Private Course's users only: "Yes" or "No" options (default = no).
Formatting Options: Plain text and HTML options (all the features of the present Text Editor and Visual Editor): Font type, font size, font colour, bold, Underscore, images, HTML links, etc.
For the Visual Editor option, any e-mail address or web site path will be automatically converted to a live link in the live calendar.
Sample of interface to enter edit text:
Event Title: (required field)
Event Date: (drop down menus for ccyy/mm/dd) (required field)
Topic: (required field)
Profession: (required field)
"Save" or "Save and Publish on: (drop down menus for ccyy/mm/dd)
The ACollab calendar will be integrated into ATutor, and adopt the look and feel displayed by the currently enabled theme. The calendar will be extended to allow system, course, group, and personal entries, each category colour coded so they can be easily identified. An additional side menu block will be created that displays the currently month, with the current day highlighted. The presence of the calendar will be controlled like other student tools. A side menu module could also be created to display all events for the current month, with next/previous month links. To include month, week, and day links to display these events via the main calendar that appears in the content area. Within the main calendar the ability to choose multiple months to display will be added.
-enable/disabled calendar system wide
-add/edit system wide events
-add /edit course, group, and their own personal calendar entries
-enable or disable the calendar as a student tool or group tool
-backup/restore course, group, and own personal entries
Group Admin can:
-add and edit all events in a group calendar
-group events only viewable by group
-add/edit own group and personal events
-backup/restore own personal events